[?] Subscribe To This Site

follow us in feedly
Add to My Yahoo!
Add to My MSN
Subscribe with Bloglines


Picture of Foreclosure Survival Guide ebook




Don't worry -- your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Stopping Your Foreclosure Newsletter.


How To Keep Child In School District When House Is In Foreclosure?

by Jo Ann
(Austin, TX)

Hi, we may have to give up our home in a few months due to a possible home foreclosure. Our kids are 14, 10, and 8. We'd love to at least keep their lives a little less disrupted by keeping them in the same schools. Are there any last minute things we can do possible to try and keep the house before losing it, but most importantly - Please tell us: How do we keep our children in the same schooling district, if we have to go through a foreclosure?

Stopping Foreclosures Team says:

Hi Jo Ann,

So sorry to hear of your troubles. :-(

When you are facing a foreclosure, it is important to remember that it is not over until it is over. Just because you receive a letter stating that the lender is starting the foreclosure process does not mean that you have to move.

Even when you receive a letter stating the date of the sheriff's sale, you do not have to leave. It is not until you actually receive a legal eviction notice from the new owners, whether that is the bank or someone that bought it at auction, that you have to leave.

If you are unable to save your home from foreclosure, it is time to start looking for another house to purchase or to rent. Save all of the money that you can while you are staying in the home that is getting foreclosed on so that when it does come time to move, you will be able to do so without a problem.

This allows you plenty of time to keep your child in the same school district, as we all know how important this is, especially when there are so many other things in life that are changing at the moment.

Not able to find a large enough house or apartment quick enough? Rent a place smaller, if you can, that is in the same school district. It might be cramped living quarters for a while but you can place a lot of your things with a friend or relative or even in a rented storage shed.

Even staying with friends or family is okay legally in order to keep your child in the same school district until you find something that will suit your needs.

Hope that this helps you.

SF Team

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Do You Have a Question about Foreclosure?.